Here is how to repair or fix a corrupt SD Card
Learn how to repair or fix a corrupt SD Card.SD Card is one of the most used devices when it comes to saving our precious data. They are portable and can be carried easily to anywhere. While we start relying so much on SD Cards, it is a nightmare when we find our SD Cards corrupt and broken. So, what is it that we can do to retrieve the data from our broken SD cards and how to repair or fix a corrupt SD card.
If you have been trying to access your SD card’s data and your PC is showing an error and is unable to read or access the SD card, then you need not worry. In this article, you will find easy ways to repair or fix a corrupt SD card.
How to repair or fix a corrupt SD Card:
First of all, let’s have a look at the possibilities for you receiving this error and your PC unable to access the SD card. One of the reasons why your PC shows this error can be not because of a problem with the SD card but, with another of the hardware of the PC itself like the USB port. If this is the case, then you must try another USB port or another PC to access the SD card.
- Activate GodMode On Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- How To Detect Keylogger & Remove It from Computer.
- Best Windows Themes 2018.
The second issue that you might face is that while you try to access the SD card, you are able to access the SD card but not its contents. In this situation, the computer may read the card and the name appears but the data stored on the SD card does not show up in the folder.
- If this is the case, then follow the steps below to resolve the issue;
- First of all, type “cmd” in the search bar.
- Now, click on “cmd.exe” or command prompt.
- Now, you have to type one of the following commands;
- “chkdsk /X /f sd card letter:”
- “chkdsk sd card letter: /f “
- for example,”chkdsk /X /f G:” or “chkdsk H: /f”.
Now press enter. These commands will ask the computer to check the SD card’s system files. Once the computer has finished the process, you will receive a message saying “Windows has made corrections to the file system”. That’s it. Your problem will be resolved now and you will be able to access your SD card and all of its data.
If none of the above methods solve the issue, then you will have to format your SD card. Follow the steps below to do that;
- Go to ‘My PC’ and find an SD card.
- Now, right click on SD card and click on ‘Format’ from the menu.
- Now, click on start when prompted to begin formatting your SD card.
- Once you have formatted the SD card, you will now be able to access it. This is one of the ways to fix and corrupt SD card.
The last option is to reside in data recovery software to access the data on your SD card and fix a corrupt SD card. This is one of the preferred ways and most reliable ways to fix and repair a corrupt SD card. There are several data recovery software available for this purpose and some of them are mentioned below;
- Recuva (Experts recommend it as it is economical and does the job well)
- Prosoft’s Data Rescue(Voted as best commercial data recovery software in 2016)
- MiniTool Partition Recovery
Hopefully, these four methods will be helpful in solving your problem. Once you have recovered the data from your SD card, make sure to copy it to a new location or a new SD card to avoid such problems in the future.