For privacy reasons, Instagram users have the option to keep their accounts public or they can choose to keep them private. To view a Private Account on Instagram, you basically have to be included in the followers. You can launch a follow request to the user and if they accept the follow request, you are then able to view the content and posts that they have shared on their profile. For the accounts that fall under the business category or have the audience set to public, their content can be viewed without having to follow them too.
That having said, another side of the story tells that Private Instagram Accounts are not really hundred percent private and there are ways to View a Private Instagram Account which I will be sharing in this article. Naturally, hearing this piece of information will raise concerns in your mind too because this also puts your Private Instagram Account to a risk of being stalked as well. Included in this article is also the method by which you can unmask the stalkers who are sneaking into your account.
How to Make Your Instagram Account Private:
There are several reasons as to why you should make your Instagram Account Private. The least you want to do is to get bothered by the stalkers who are out there to get you. Your personal information can be used in a lot of different ways by the manipulators. Keeping an account private will help you lock these manipulators and stalkers out so you can have a safe space with your family and friends and people that you know. You should also carefully choose what you want to post on your Instagram and what is that should not be there on your profile, even if your account is kept private.
- Moving on to the method to make your Instagram Account Private, follow the steps below.
- Log into your Instagram Account and go to your Profile.
- Your profile is where you can change all of the settings. You can go to your profile by clicking on the icon at the bottom right. Once you click on that, you will be able to see your profile with your posts, profile picture, etc.
- Now, go to Settings from the top right.
- In the Settings, scroll down to find Account Settings and tap on it.
- Here, you will be able to find several settings for your account. Scroll right to the bottom and you will see the option that says ‘Private Account’. Enable this option by turning it green.
- That is it. Now, you can confirm to make the account private and enjoy sharing posts in your safe space.
View a Private Instagram Account – The Legit Method:
If you do not want to break the rules or go against the policies of Instagram, it is preferred and actually safe to stick by the legit way to view a private Instagram Account. This can only be done if the account holder gives you access to view their profile. All you have to do is launch a follow request to that person and wait for him/her to accept the request. Here is how to make follow request on Instagram.
- Login from your Instagram Account and search the person you want to follow.
- Click on the person’s profile in search and go to their profile page.
- You will be able to see a blue button that says ‘’Follow’’. Click on this button and a follow request will be sent to them.
- Once they add you back, you will be able to view their posts that were previously not visible to you.
- This is easy and quick if you know the person already. However, if the person you are trying to follow is someone new, then it is better to Private Message them introducing yourself and telling them why you want to follow them.
Here is an easy way to find photos and traces of your crush or ex or anyone you want to stalk. Log into your Instagram account and using the search tool, search the name of the person. Once you reach the result, open the profile. You will be able to see the username of the profile in the address bar. Now copy this username on the clipboard.
Open Google Search Images and here paste the username you just copied. Here is how this is helpful. Google images will track down the username and you might land on some solid information about the person. This may include photos that were posted before enabling privacy protection, photos shared to other social media profiles, and photos from the other accounts linked to that account.
Instagram Viewer Sites:
If you ever search Google for ‘How to View Instagram Private Accounts’, you will surprisingly get several search results with different companies and websites claiming to find you a solution to that. Most of these websites promise their users to help them view a private Instagram Account by keeping their identity anonymous.
When we personally tested these websites, we came to the horrific conclusion that these sites are basically just making a fool out of the users and they fail to hold up to the promise. The worst part is that these sites which are spamming users are asking for users’ private information and credit card details only to end up stealing money and nothing else.
As I mentioned earlier in the post, it is not impossible to penetrate into a Private account. So, if you think to keep an account private is all you had to do, you must know that viewing a private account isn’t as difficult as it should have been. Of course, the sneakers do not use the legitimate way to sneak into the accounts and most of the times they create fake accounts to carry on such activities. We should always keep in mind that cyberspace is loaded with criminals and hackers.
- According to research and views, here are some of the ways adopted by the Instagram users to sneak into your account.
- Firstly, the accounts that are used are fake ones with fake IDs and private information.
- The fake IDs mostly carry a woman’s photo; female photo increasing the chances of being accepted by the account holders.
- To make it seem real, the fake ID will post photos and real photos of food, destinations and animals etc. This makes it look like the account is real and the account holder is an active user.
- A cunning trick is to make the fake account private as well.
Private messaging is for the people who do not accept a follow request. So, the sneakers message them to give them a hint that it is a safe zone and they want to follow you with some explanation and reasons as to why do they want to do so.
It is preferred to keep your Instagram Account Private which adds another layer of security in the already not so secure environment. You are responsible for your own safety and you should take necessary steps to keep the stalkers, manipulators, sociopaths, and people who try to sneak into your account out. Also, carefully consider the information you give online, people you let in and the posts that you upload.