For all of you have tried to save a GIF from Twitter and failed, let me tell you that these GIFs are not really GIFs and they actually are mp4 files. That is the reason, whoever tries to download and save a GIF from Twitter usually cannot do so like they should and they only end up with a video file that doesn’t even play. Twitter does not allow you to download a GIF directly and that is where all of the other apps and software come in handy.
If you are trying to save a Twitter GIF on your device then let me tell you that there are several apps that have been designed just for this purpose. And you can use these applications for free. I have mentioned the best apps that can help you save a GIF from Twitter on your Android or iOS device as well as on your computer.
How to Save a GIF from Twitter: Android, iPhone, Windows 10:
Following are the methods explained for all the platforms. All you have to do is heed the instructions below and you will easily save a GIF from Twitter.
Save a GIF from Twitter on Android:
For Android users, saving a GIF is pretty easy. There is a conversion app available in Google PlayStore that lets you convert a Tweet into GIF format.
- Download and install the app called ‘Tweet2GIF’
- Copy the tweet URL from options in the upper right corner.
- Paste the URL in the app and tap ‘Download GIF’.
- The GIF will automatically be downloaded into the camera or photos album.
Save a GIF from Twitter on iPhone:
You can save a GIF on iPhone through an app called GIFwrapped.
- Download GIFwrapped.
- Open the Tweet and copy its URL by clicking on the ‘Options’ in the upper right corner of the tweet.
- Copy the link and paste it into GIFwrapped
- Tap ‘Save to Library’ and the app will do the job for you within seconds.
Save Twitter GIF to Your Computer:
Here is a simple way to save a Twitter GIF. Instead of going through all and any hassle, you can take some easy steps to save the GIF as .mp4 file and later convert it into GIF. The process to do so is pretty easy.
- Open the Tweet that you want to save and copy its URL.
- Next, open SAVEDEO.COM website
- Paste the copied URL on this website
- Now, press ‘Download’ button to save the file as .mp4 on your computer
- Search Google for ‘convert mp4 to GIF’ and choose any of the sites in the search results.
- Upload the saved .mp4 file on the conversion site and convert it into GIF.
- Now you can save the file on your computer as GIF.
Another website that works in a similar manner as I mentioned above is EZGIF.COM. Here is how you can Save a GIF from Twitter using this site.
- Open/ expand the tweet and copy its URL.
- Open EZGIF.COM and paste the URL here.
- Click on ‘Convert’ to get the file in .mp4 format.
- Once you get the .mp4 file, you can use the direct GIF maker available on the website to save your GIF.
- These were all the ways you can save Twitter GIF on any of your devices easily.